tattoos

Monday, June 8, 2009

28 weeks and counting

So as I type this I am sitting at the lab partaking in my 3 hour glucose test. Lucky me failed my first test only to be blessed with taking the 3 hour test. The timing of course stinks because I really need to be in the office preparing for my company wide speech on Wednesday. Instead I am here blogging and killing time.

A lot is going on right now, we are preparing for Celia our nanny for the past year, is leaving us this Friday. Unfortunately she will not be able to handle all 3 kids specifically the baby since she has a bad hip. I am fortunate that the very first Au pair we had in 2006 is coming to stay with us for the summer and will be here until a couple of weeks after I deliver. Abby arrives Saturday morning at 6am and the kids have no idea. They are going to be thrilled when they see her. I too am very excited because I know the kids will have a fun filled summer. Don't get me wrong Celia did a good job for us but she is not the hands on get on the floor play with you person that Abby will be. The the search is on for Celia's replacement in the fall, I have some prospects but nothing solid as of yet.

This past weekend was full of activity for us. Dan and I attend a Black Tie event which I am still surprised he talked me into going to since I didn't at all feel comfortable being in formal attire 7 months pregnant. Here are the picture of us before we left. We both clean up pretty good if I do say so myself.

Saturday I had dinner with my boss and a colleague and their families it was nice to socialize outside the 4 walls of my office! Sunday was spent by the pool with the kids which wore them out and made my Sunday evening blissful!

Not much else going on, but I don't think I could handle it if there was. I'll be hopping by blogs in a bit to try and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger