tattoos

Friday, January 25, 2008

Dump cake doesn't sound good but it is :)

I love to bake however during the week there just isn't anytime since I don't get the kids home till 5pm and of course once we get home I make dinner, do homework, try to correct bad behavior from school, baths etc.

So I think I have solved my during the week baking drought! I found a great receipt for Dump Cake, it is so yummy and there are many variations to it. Since my son and I love Chocolate and my husband will eat whatever I put in front of him this seems like a good choice. For those of you who know me no I didn't forget my daughter, she won't touch anything sweet. I think I hould have her checked out because not eating Cakes, Cookies Pies, Ice cream just doesn't seem normal for a child although she does eat very healthy and if you give her any kind of fruit and she will eat to her hearts content! Anyway I digress! So I make a Chocolate Dump cake last night that took all of 5 mins to prepare and 30 mins to bake how simple. I will admit that it is not a pretty desert but man does it taste good. Here are my pictures as well as a couple variations of the recipe.


Regular Dump cake
20 ounces crushed pineapple
16 ounces cherry pie filling
1 package yellow cake mix, dry
1 1/2 sticks butter, sliced
Dump all ingredients into baking pan and bake at 350 F until brown, approximately 1 hour.


Chocolate Dump Cake (pictures above)
2 cans of cherry pie filling (21 ounces each)
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 sticks of butter, sliced into 12 pieces each
2.25 ounce bag of chopped pecans
1/8 cup white sugar

Preheat the over to 350.

In a 9 x 13 cake pan:

Dump the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the box of chocolate cake mix evenly on top of that. Distribute the butter slices on top of the cake mix. Spread the pecans evenly over the butter and cake mix. Fianally, sprinkle the sugar over all.
Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes and serve warm!

This is also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!


If you make it or if you have made it let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger