tattoos

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The classics

OK so most 3 and 5 years old that I have surveyed would love to be parked in front of the TV with Blues Clues, Dora, The Doodle Bops and let's not leave out the Wiggles! But not my 2 little Gremlins! no they have a hankering for the Classics.. let me explain.


About a month ago we bought Marry Poppins and The Sound of Music DVDs mainly for us because we do like to watch classic movies. Are children however surprised us and have becomes hooked!

My 5 year old Lauren sings A Few of My Favorite things to a tee, she even corrects me when I make a mistake singing the song with her! Her school music teacher was so impressed that Lauren enjoyed this music that after Christmas Break when the children returned she had a whole weeks worth of lessons devoted to the Sound of Music apparently the kids ate it up!


My 3 year old Jackson can not get enough of Mary Poppins, no matter where we are he will start to sing:
Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!
A sweep is as lucky, as lucky can be
Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-oo!
Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you
Or blow me a kiss and that's lucky too! It is the most adorable thing and I am trying desperately to get it on tape.

He asks me to play the sound track over and over on my Ipod in the car too! I ask both of them if they want to watch regular TV, Noggin is the only channel they watch and we only allow a half hour a night,they say NO! We want to watch Mary Poppins! We still only allow them a half an hour so it takes like a week to see the whole thing... but they love it.

So I ask my readers to send me suggestions on other kids classics that I can introduce to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger