tattoos

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polka Dots and International Women's Day

I was hoping to be able to put together all the excellent submissions we had to our CFP to celebrate International Women's Day today, but, alas, I'm behind.  Due to a pressing deadline and piles of grading I won't be able to get to it until next week.  I'll instead celebrate International Women's Day by spending most of it trying to advance my own career by working on a publication project and by writing part of a lecture about Suffragettes and women's struggle for the right to vote and for other political rights in nineteenth-century Europe.

In the meantime, I'll suggest you read the round up of excellent posts on feminist style icons if you haven't done so yet and leave you with a teaching outfit that I wore a couple weeks back (pre-haircut) just full of polka dot action for today's Everybody Everywear.
(Blouse - Sandra Angelozzi (Femme de Carriere and remixed), Cardigan - Willi Smith (remixed), Skirt - H&M (remixed), Boots - John Fluevog (via Ebay and remixed), Tights - Target (remixed)Watch - New York & Co. (remixed)
(Reasons I'm not already done grading: Wine - Apothic Red, Bailey - Adopted from local shelter in August 2009, Blanket - Target (gift from M.))

What are you doing for International Women's Day?  How will you celebrate and honor the achievements of women?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger