tattoos

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This and that......

Well a lot has been going here in the house of Whalen........

Last you heard from me I had an incredible surprise baby shower hosted by dear friends, I have finished all the thank you notes and put away all the lovely things and I am officially ready for baby business. Now let's just hope and pray that the child is a girl because a boy is going to feel very out of place in pink and purple clothes and the pink room we have ready!

My work colleagues also surprised me with a shower where they were kind enough to provide me with $225 dollars worth of gift cards as well as a gift certificate to a local spa! Talk about spoiling a girl!

We have also celebrated my 37th birthday. Surprise of surprises both my mother and my husband bought me the exact same thing ... a telephoto lens for my Nikon. One of course went back and earrings were given as the replacement, another really cool gift too.

This past Saturday we celebrated by son's 5th birthday even though it is not till the 23rd I wanted to be sure that he was not cheated out of a birthday party should I go into labor. We had a blast and I have the pictures to prove it. I had a face painter come and she did an amazing job. If you are in the DC metro area and need an idea for a party I highly recommend her (http://www.facesbyarla.com/) Check out her incredible work.

Jackson as Batman

Jackson blowing out the candle

Jackson as Batman with his Alien Ballon hat

Lauren as a Butterfly Princess

Now check out what she talked me into doing... I am not one for showing off my prego belly as a matter of fact I never took any prego pictures before this pregnancy but Arla was able to not only get me to show my belly she got me to take pictures of it up close and personal. I have had several people who have told me I should make this my profile picture on Facebook and that I should make this the first page of the baby's baby book. I just think it is way cool !!


My belly at 37 weeks!

I am on week 37 of pregnancy and still no sign of movement hence no induction date to be set. I am hoping for new this Thursday when i go to my appointment. Also since this week has already been a trying week at work I am hoping the stress has made my cervix say enough time to start opening! On the work front I will post about that separately because I think it deserves it's own post. Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow.
Till then look for my posts on Twitter (swhln19) and facebook Stephanie OToole Whalen who knws I might tweet while in labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger