tattoos

Monday, June 30, 2008

Weddings...what not to do!!!!

So Saturday was my husband's cousin's wedding. This is the high brow affair that I received 4, no I am sorry, make that 5 invitations to for events to include the wedding, this is the same event that required all of the guests to dress in black tie.

I am not sure what your weather was like in the part of the country you are from but I can tell you in NJ it was hot, steamy hot I might add. So when we boarded the chartered bus to take us to the ceremony and then on to the reception I was unaware as were most, if not all the guests that this would be the last time I had the pleasure of air condition for the rest of the night. Yes you read right no air conditioning in the middle of the summer in NJ at a black tie wedding. Can you say inconsiderate?????

So there we were in the first 2 rows reserved for family sweating our buts off wilting with each passing reading, song and sermon. At one point I wasn't sure if the maid of honor would make it through since between the heat and her SCREAMING 2 year old she was clearly not herself.

Now I ask you, if you are planning to have your ceremony in a church where there is no air wouldn't you at least have fans??? Something to help circulate the air while 200 people sit for an hour????

Once outside of the church the 90 degree weather felt like a breath of fresh air. We were teased yet again when we boarded the bus to the Country Club. We exited the bus signed the guest book picked up our table assignments only to then be confronted with a huge tent OUTSIDE where the reception with a 4 course meal was being held. Men were removing their jackets at an alarming rate. We were truly all melting.

As the reception got underway the couple did not circulate to meet and greet those that had come to share their day; no they were with their friends and for a good part of the time they weren't even together, I noticed at one point my husbands cousin (the groom) was standing alone awkwardly for nearly 15 minutes no one came to save him ...did I mention there were 9 attendants on each side.... nor was he seeking out others to mingle with. I must say it was a very odd wedding.

We did enjoy good food and good drinks with family so all was not lost, I guess. The following morning there was a brunch being held at the parents house, and you guessed it.... it was held outside. I must say I have had more then my fill of the NJ great outdoors while dressed in dressy clothes.

Below are some photos fro the event, I have a ton but I think if you have seen one picture of me and my family sweating you have seen them all. So what was the worst wedding you ever went to and why???

Click to play Jeff and Sarah's Wedding
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger