tattoos

Monday, March 3, 2008

Crock Pot Love

I love my crock pot, without it I am not sure what I would do, as a working mom it is my best solution for a real home cooked meal when I don't get home till 5:30. Here are 2 reciepes I made this weekend, I forgot to take pictures, but trust me it was good!!!

3 Bean Turkey Chili
Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
28 ounces chopped tomatoes-- un drained
15 ounces tomato sauce
1 med chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2tablespoon chili powder
1 4 oz can of green chilies
15 ounces garbanzo beans -- drained and rinsed
15 ounces dark red kidney beans -- drained and rinsed

Directions: Brown the turkey in a skillet; drain. Combine all ingredients Cover; cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally



Great with some freash corn bread!!



Chocolate Delight


Ingredients:
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
8 oz. sour cream
1 C. chocolate chips
1 C. water
4 eggs
3/4 C. vegetable oil
1-4 serving size package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix


Directions
Lightly grease inside of crock pot.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
Pour into crock pot.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
Test for doneness with tooth pick like cake in oven. (we like ours a bit gooey on the inside so we cut the cook time by about 30 to 45 min)
Serve hot or warm with ice cream, caramel sauce, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger