tattoos

Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Hodge Podge


Someone who reviewed my blog and it's content months ago told me to get rid of my Friday Hodge Podge because it was too hokie, well I have resurrected it today because I am in a Hodge Podge kind of mood!

So on the Thanksgiving front thanks for all your kind words and suggestions, more then once I was told to invite my mom along to NY, great idea except my mom can't stand my in-laws. I have not talked to my mom since Tuesday morning when our conversation blew up in my face. I have sent her some emails and we were supposed to have dinner together with Lauren Saturday night since the boys are out of town this weekend, still I have heard nothing. I guess I could pick up the phone and ask but honestly I don't want to get into another verbal fist fight with her. I am 90% there on just going to NY for Thanksgiving and telling her that is the way it is. It is just that 10% of me that knows this is a HUGE line to draw in the sand and could very well end all relations for good. Stay tuned.

On a happier note my hubby has found a job!!! Dan is retiring from the Army after 20 years of dedicated service to our country. His official retirement is the end of January but he is on what they call terminal leave as of the end of this month. I am very proud of him, I know this process was not an easy one and he is still struggling to determine if he made the right choice in accepting the offer that he did. I am pretty sure he made the right move though.

Work- well the Jerk has been pretty well behaved but he is still a pain in the arse! I have finally gotten him to play nice in my sandbox which selfishly is all I really cared about. I feel sorry for those that will encounter him once I have used him for what I need ..... sounds horrible huh? you all know I am really not that way! Just today I had someone stop by my office and ask "what do you think about the Jerk? I think he is arrogant" this person says before I could utter a word! At least I know it isn't just me! :)

This weekend is chalked full of activities, Dan is headed to PA for a family members 100th birthday! Pretty impressive huh? He and the little man are going to take a road trip together and have some quality guy bonding time. Meanwhile I will be with Lauren at her final soccer game and the end of season party, followed by possibly having dinner with my mom. Sunday I plan to organize some of my closet before it swallows me whole!

So what is on your agenda for the weekend? Good stuff I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger