tattoos

Monday, July 28, 2008

So the weekend was nothing spectacular.....

Friday started with Dan and a bunch of the guys having poker at our house till nearly 3am. Thankfully neither the kids or I were disturbed by the game play. I will say hubby did his best to clean up after everyone left, however I still stepped in dry sticking beer in the kitchen the next morning.

Saturday was a work day we totally gutted the garage and we are now finally about to park 3 cars in our 3 car garage, I will post pictures tomorrow in my Tuesday Toot!

Saturday night I took my mom out for dinner for her birthday, I left feeling worse then I arrived which seems to be the case more and more these days. I arrived at her house with a bouquet of flowers and her gift, she also had my birthday gift sine my birthday is Sunday and she knew she wouldn't see me because my goddaughters baptism is the same day. She opened her gift and within 30 seconds after opening it said, she wished the gift card ($275) had been from somewhere else because they have better prices on electronics, which was the reason for me giving her the gift card so she could get what she wanted. I was irked but that is typical of my mom. Mom had decided on Friday that she wanted to go to Macaroni Grill for dinner I called ahead for a 6:45 sitting. So we arrive at 6:45 I am having trouble finding a space so I ask her to go in and let them know we were here so we wouldn't lose our spot. That was mistake number one! When I walked in the place was a mad house and there was my mom with the hostess giving her an earful that we had a reservation and she demanded to be seated and speak to a manager. I of course was mortified because clearly the place was packed and they were doing the best that they could. I asked her to please stop being so indignant but she just couldn't let it go. We were seated by 7pm so it was only a 15 min wait vs. the 45 min others who had walked in without a reservation were waiting. We sat down at the table the server asked how long the wait was and I said not bad, mom of course piped up oh I wouldn't say that. At this point I really just wanted to get up and leave because my evening was ruined by her shitty attitude. I stayed and got through it but I can't say that I enjoyed myself.

Sunday was a whole lot of nothing in our house, the kids and I cleaned out the playroom and organized it so it looked a bit neater and it would be easier to find things. Other then that I had a run to Costco and was napping on my sofa at 5pm...ah that is what weekends are all about!!! Below are some before and afters of the playroom, the kiddos were good sports about the clean up.

Before













After
















After





















After
So this week I am headed out of town on business I will be in Springfield IL Wednesday and Thursday to give a presentation, I hate speaking in public but I better get used to it since I will be doing it a lot more in the future. If any of my regular readers are near that area let me know and maybe we can meet up.

So that is the weekend in a nutshell what fun and exciting things did the rest of you do???

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger