tattoos

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Traveling the Joy and the Sorrows

As I sit here in my hotel room in very cold Pensacola Beach, FL I am missing my family. I am here on business and will not return home till Friday. I find it ironic that as moms we crave a break, some peace and quiet but once I have had about 3 hours of it I find that I am craving the noise and chaos of my family. Later today I a m traveling to Ft. Lauderdale for another business meeting and I am sure that while I am in the airport I will see many moms with there kids traveling pulling their hair out and my first thought will be oh I wish that were me. Second will be I can sympathize with you Mom I have 2 of my own.

On my way here to Pensacola, I was on a Delta flight and I was keenly aware of the military personnel on board and that they were more then likely headed to Ft. Somewhere to prepare for a long deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan. I thank God that my Army husband is currently at home with his family but I show respect to those who cannot be with their families as one day that could be me. It was heartwarming when I saw a business man in first class offer his seat to one of our distinguished soldiers, he declined but that gesture proved to me that there are people who are not only grateful for our men and women's service but they are willing to show appreciation too. On that same flight, I was so happy when we landed and the usual announcement were being made "Welcome to Atlanta where the local time is ... and the current temperature is..." but then the flight attendant said we have some military personnel with us today and all of us here at Delta want to thank you for your service, to that the whole plane erupted in applause. That is patriotism at it finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger