tattoos

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pearl Lawn 2011 with Nida Yasir

http://www.hedezines.com/data/dresses/img/nida-pasha-pearl-law.jpgPearl Lawn 2011 with Nida Yasir


Whether you know her as Nida Pasha or Nida Yasir, there is no denying that this young starlet has made a name for herself not because of her illustrious show biz background but by dint of her own talent and hard work. Mag4you.com chats with her about her transition from a budding TV artiste during her carefree days as a single woman to her present position of celebrity married to a colleague.


http://www.hedezines.com/data/dresses/img/nida-yasir-pasha-dre_5.jpg nida-yasir18.jpg Nida Yasir
Do you feel being Kazim Pasha's daughter facilitated you in joining the acting profession?
I hardly think so. I had never thought of acting, but my friends were after me that I am photogenic and should try my luck in plays. So, I finally took part in one directed by my father, in which I had just two scenes where all I was expected to do was cry. My father was quite impressed with my crying abilities, but didn't want me to pursue a career at that point as I was still studying. After I graduated he caste me in another play, ‘Daji' but after that he gave me no more breaks as he felt people would think he was promoting me. He wanted me to make a name for myself on my own merit, without his support. It did bother me initially, especially because I know he gives other girls such opportunities that they become famous after a serial, where as I had to make it on my own. So it was more a disadvantage having parents in showbiz. It was only after I worked with Yasir Akhter in ‘Mera ghar aik whirlpool' that I gained recognition and after that got a lot of offers for commercials and dramas. I started compering and modeling too, after that.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj2-s6P5x_WDca4gnB1DWErLL3W4AJ0b8zbvxQECrhlSuQIL_xZaNskIM453qz14csF5n32l4Vf8kmcWXViacThQ__brHXE7G-CY47KZo7Y8gxWGHe45iN4MMkHIEL5G-g_fAm0tz9gXuo/s1600/nida-yasir-pasha-dre_3.jpg
Did you catwalk modeling as well?
I did a few shows-nothing spectacular-but frankly am not fond of modeling. I feel you do nothing in it except expose yourself. I was given a lot of offers by English magazines for shoots but since my father wouldn't allow me to wear sleeveless, there were hardly any outfits that I could model. So, I only modeled for those magazines in which I was allowed to dress respectably, without exposing any part of any anatomy.

,
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgDD18rYL-6PQFlbdIiJTTM9NQLgjOlOChyPyA34tWU60kGRKBFRtV0p-4di0yrIK9vYXqTm-GUxcOiW1BgZck5H1tIfyTKhtvz8nwzMG17jQod3Eedc5pEVYGPC2Kfe92l4LYu9O9iXAk/s1600/nida-yasir-pasha-dre_4.jpgHad a secret romance been brewing while you and Yasir starred together in plays?
Actually, no. Yasir and I had never worked together almost till the time he proposed to me, and the one serial in which we had both starred, our entries were such that when I would be on location he was not required, and when he was on location, I was not in the scene. Then, prior to our engagement, we worked together in one play, which was funnily enough, called ‘Mohabbat', and Yasir apparently felt I'd be the right wife for him, so proposed. I had never thought of him as a prospective husband, though, and had left decisions about my marriage on my parents.

How did Yasir propose to you?
It was highly unromantic! There was no ambience or formalities. He was dropping me home one day after work, and very casually mentioned that he'd be sending his parents over. I was puzzled, and when I asked why, he informed me that they'd be bringing a ‘rishta'. I had no whiff of it and was really shocked.


What was your family's reaction?
My parents are very cool and I have a relaxed relationship with them. But, I refused Yasir initially, because I felt we hailed from two different cultural backgrounds-my father is Urdu speaking and Yasir's family is Sindhi. I had been brought up in a liberal atmosphere and thought I might not be able to adjust to their family. So, I told Yasir we'd continue to be colleagues and friends, but he should forget about anything beyond that. However, Yasir was not comfortable acting with me after that and strangely enough, I began to develop feelings for him. Also, Yasir's mother called and assured my family that we didn't need to fear about cultural differences, as they were more similar in their ways than we thought.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger