tattoos

Friday, July 8, 2011

New Fashion Fads

I am really into fashion and the "new and trendy" wear.  I read a lot of fashion magazines and am really cautious about the types of clothing, jewelry, purses and shoes that I purchase.  I do not necessarily look for the latest and greatest in purchasing my items, but I will not purchase items that I consider to be a complete waste of money either do to my lack of need for it or because it has no real value no matter how I try to rationalize it.  I recently reviewed the Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2011/2012 fashion show and I was not impressed at all.  Let me take you on a quick guided tour of some of the strangest items that I viewed. 

I realize that fashion fads and trends tend to resurface and repeat themselves.  But I for one hope that this is never a design whether it be tweaked, or altered in any fashion.  Fashion and beauty are truly in the eye of the beholder, but I do not believe that all fashion that is presented to the public is intended to be beautiful as much as it is intended to be unique.  And this is one of those items that I definitely feel that this designer does not have to worry about being mass produced to sell as replicas.


As I reviewed a lot of the other clothing articles that were debuted in the Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2011/2012 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on July 4, 2011 I can only pose the following questions:  What was on the minds of these designers when they were designing these outfits?  Did they really think that these outfits would be purchased and worn or did they just design and showcase these for effect?  


"What really was the purpose of this and how does it embody fashion?"



Take a look at some of the items showcased and let me know what your thoughts are on them?  Am I totally off base?  Was something that I presented in this blog that you would purchase for the price being asked and proudly wear without reservation?  I'm interested in your viewpoint on this issue.  Inquiring minds really want to know.

Would this be an outfit that you would buy for your husband, boyfriend, fiance' or significant other?  And if so would it be something that you would have an expectation that they wear it out in public with you?
I am not understanding the elephant nose.  What is the meaning of this?
I can't even think of a comment for this one.


Is this dress meant for some sort of ritual?


Where would you wear this outfit to?
I am not certain what climate this model is dressed for.
Would you have an expectation that any of these outfits be worn by someone that was with you?  Would you be seen in public with a person is dressed like this?  And my final question:  How much would you be willing to pay for any of these outfits?  I know what my answers are but I am truly curious to hear yours.
Is this outfit for the purposes of robbing a bank?
Once again what's the purpose of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger