tattoos

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Clothing Fads


Clothing is the one thing that consistently changes.  Regardless of your age at some point and time in your life the clothing that you have worn at some point and time in your life will become a fad again.  Typically how the cycle goes is that what we wear as a child and/or teenager recycles itself and with a slight twist resurfaces approximately ten to twenty years later.  A prime example of that would be the ever popular leggings that we wore when I was a child/teenage.  Leggings were first introduced into the fashion industry in the 1960's and then again in the 1980's which is when I first started wearing them.  And as with all other clothing fads they went away and then like clockwork they resurfaced again in approximately 2006.  And they put a slight twist on them in 2009 when they came out with the ever popular jeggings.  A jegging is a pair of leggings which are made out of denim looking material but constructed just like a legging.





Another article of clothing that cannot seem to stay buried in my closet would be that of the mini skirt or above the knee skirt as my mother used to call it.  Mini skirts popped on the scene in the 1920's, 1929 to be exact.  They have gone through various fabrics, patterns and most importantly lengths.  But they have never truly gone away.  I work mini-skirts as a teenager, and in my early and late twenty's.  And now here I am several years later with a teenage daughter and another close to being a teenager watching them go through the same dreaded motions of trying to convince me that their skirts are not too tight or short as I did with my parents.



 
  REFERENCES:

TargetWoman - Directory Portal for Women, 2010 Nextag, Inc., retrieved July 3, 2011
wikipedia.com, 2011, retrieved July 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger